Access Full Position Posting
As a member of Government & Community and Events team, the Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator and Policy Analyst promotes the University's vision, mission, values and goals. Reporting to the Chief of Government and Community Relations, the Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator and Policy Analyst is committed to working to advance the University's relationships with key stakeholders.
Bachelor degree. Preference for graduates with a degree in Political Science, Public Policy or Public Administration.
Minimum of 3 years' experience including public relations, issues management or political organizing in a multi-stakeholder environment. Experience working in government (municipal, provincial or federal) is considered an asset.
- Solid understanding of government decision making processes at all levels of government
- Experience in managing sensitive or confidential issues
- Familiarity with post-secondary education sector
- Proficiency with MS Office applicationsSkills/Abilities/Competencies
- Solid problem-solving skills with the ability to provide practical and/or innovative solutions to complex issues
- Understanding of the importance of managing sensitive and confidential information
- Strong written and presentation skills, with the ability to explain technical information clearly and concisely
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple projects and initiatives within established timelines
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders
- Project management
- Must be a self-starter with excellent editing, writing and research skills.
- Must have a commitment to maintaining high standards of quality and ability to work with staff in a cordial and tactful manner.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and technology and to work as part of a team.
- Strong team player, able to work collaboratively, take responsibility, and understand their role in building positive public perception of the organization.
- Knowledge of AODA and privacy legislation and other legislative requirements.
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
Works in an open cubicle environment. Please note: This position requires the candidate to produce a verification of degree(s), credential(s) or equivalencies from accredited institutions and/or international equivalents at the time of interview.
Access Full Position Posting
York implemented a revised CPM Compensation Framework in 2019. The Framework is a salary grid consisting of 6 or 8 steps (depending on job grade) which is reviewed annually with possible adjustments, and a lump sum Merit Incentive Award. Employees will receive the grid adjustment and depending on performance, eligible permanent employees may move to the next step of the grid and may receive a performance lump sum Merit Incentive Award.Visit the CPM Compensation page on the HR Website to find out more about York's CPM Compensation Program.
The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including, but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), aboriginal (Indigenous) persons and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation. York University is committed to a positive, supportive and inclusive environment.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We are committed to enhancing our environmentally and socially responsible practices for the benefit of all members of the York community. Our long term perspective recognizes our responsibility to be innovators and to continually work as a community to reduce our ecological impact.
York University employees must apply to jobs through the Employee Career Portal - YU Hire. If you are a current York University employee and/or are using your rights under a collective agreement to view and/or apply to jobs, you MUST log into YU Hire to access the York University Employee Career Portal.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must be received by 11:55 pm EST on the posted deadline date, if applicable.